Mission and Guiding Principles
Our program at Creative Minds Preschool is based on the
philosophy that all children are exceptional and unique individuals. We understand
these are the most important years in a child’s development. We believe that children
learn best through active participation with their environment and with other people.
Therefore, we support a hands-on approach to learning for all ages. Teachers act
as facilitators by providing a variety of opportunities and experiences to promote
learning and growth in all areas; language, cognitive, emotional, social and physical
At Creative Minds Preschool, we recognize the importance
of the child’s family and encourage their participation in decisions about their
own child’s care, education and on the overall program. We respect and support each
family and their diverse backgrounds, beliefs and input. We believe it is important
for parents and teachers to communicate and we invite all parents to stop in anytime
to see their child. We encourage parent involvement in the classroom and program
- To provide a safe, secure, and nurturing environment.
- To provide opportunities for children to practice fine and gross motor skills according
to their developmental needs and abilities.
- To promote cognitive development through play and teacher interactions.
- To encourage the development of independence and self help skills.
- To provide experiences that inspire trust, autonomy and initiative and that teach
children to remain in contact with their feelings.
- To provide activities according to children’s interests, which will, encourage child
participation and enthusiasm about learning.
- To promote diversity and embrace family’s unique dynamics and the child as an individual.
- To develop relationships of mutual trust with the families.